Oria Hike - Antiguo Camino De Herradura
Suggested walk / hike in Oria.
If you love exploring, climbs, heights, and spectacular views, then this is the hike for you. This is a hard one with rough terrain that you need to pick through.
Walk name - Antiguo Camino De Herradura (Old bridle path)Mileage -
Time - approx 4hours with breaks Total moving time 2.5hr
Elevation max - 4,075ft
Elevation min - 3,041ft
- 810ftI would love to hear your feedback about this walk in the comments below.DIRECTIONS
- Park at Bar El Frax
- Walk up the road toward Oria. Via the Los Olivos road.
- At the end, turn left and walk up into Oria
- At the roundabout, take a left onto Av. de Anndalucia
- At the fork in the road, go right down Av. de Oria
- Walk past the Cementerio Municipal
- When you come to the little seated area, take the right just before it.
- You will have a building either side of you, and you come to the boundary of two fields.
- You would need to make your way up as close to the old bridle path as possible, using an online source to help you. **My WIKILOC will help to a point...then I lost GPS/Internet signal, which is why it looks like we went in a straight line at one point!**
- You want to be coming over the other side onto a path to the right of a building ( Google Coordinates 37°29'43.4"N 2°17'59.5"W)
- Follow the path all the way down to the road
- On the opposite side of the road, slightly to the left is a path that drops down, it is slightly out of sight until you get down there
- From this man made trail, it is easy to follow it back to the bottom of Oria - Keep on it until you have the option to turn left or right. Turn right
- You will come out opposite The Los Olivos rambla road
- Follow the Los Olivos rambla road to Bar El Frax
I would love to hear your feedback about this particular walk in the comments below.