Hike - El Badil & Almanzora Circular
Walking / Hiking Suggestion - Almanzora Circular
Here's a suggested hiking route starting between Almanzora and Cantoria that myself and my walking group have done on many occasions. Starting in El Badil, stopping in the village of Almanzora for a cold beer or glass of vino, then circling back to the start.
Mileage - 7km / 4.5miles
Time - approx 1.5hours
Elevation gain uphill - 100m
Elevation gain downhill - 110m
Elevation max - 420m
Elevation min - 294m
- Park at the bins at El Badil, near the junction of ALP-843 and AL-7102
- Make your way up the ALP-7103
- Follow the road past the last house, round the bends, and take the right track up over the mountain
- Follow the track to what we call our first viewpoint. Which is a T-Junction. With a lovely view over the village of Almanzora
- Take the right track, and continue up, with the pig farm below you on the left. Warning, it may be smelly here!
- At the top, follow the track round to the left and keep going up, past the hunter hides on your right (circular mounds made of stone).
- Stop at the top to admire the 360 degree view.
- Make your way down the other side along the track until you reach the road ALP-843
- On the road, go right and continue on this road until you reach a junction, just after a small out-building
- Follow the road round to the left and continue down, bending, until you pass a small group of houses to your right.
- Continue down until the road crosses the rambla (Rio Almanzora)
- Continue up the road to reach the houses on the left, where there is a slip road into Gachas Migas, take the slip road
- Follow the lane until it forks, and take the left, through orchards until you come out onto the rambla (Rio Almanzora)
- On this rambla turn right and follow it until a man-made road to your left that will take you through more orchards
- Walk on this road until you come to a fork, go right,and continue toward the old Palace
- Come out into the village, next to the Palace, on Calle Estacion
- Have a drink in one of the many bars mentioned on my Almanzora and Cantoria page
- When you gave finished your drink/s, walk WEST along the AL-7102 as if you are going to Cantoria
- You will go back over the rambla at some point and after about a mile from the village you will reach El Badil, where you started.
I would love to hear your feedback about this particular walk in the comments below.
Wikiloc map of this walk has been shown above. You can connect with me on Wikiloc here